THE TOP PART OF THIS POST GETS RE-EDITED EVERY WEEK.
THE RULES OF THE GAME (below, unedited section)
Welcome to a new season!! Everyone is welcome to participate and have fun.
Here are the rules -- please feel welcome to suggest changes -- this is everyone's game!
1. Must post by 8 PM -- Eastern time, 5 PM by Pacific time. No exceptions, such as sports delay.
2. Post answers only. If an answer is missing, it's wrong. And yes, you are allowed to search the 'net for spoilers (how do you think some of the questions get formulated?)
3. Questions will be uploaded by Thursday night (preferably earlier). Official answers to questions will be posted by Wed morning. If I'm out of town, then I'll ask for a volunteer for that week.
4. Official answers can be appealed, but a correction needs a citation of the time of the event (like 37:09 into the program).
5. The winner of the episode is the first person to post the most correct answers. Same approach for 2nd and 3rd place, etc.
6. Points and Scores, as itemized below:
A. Yes/No/Cannot Be Determined, 10 pts.
B. Multiple Choice, 25 pts.
C. Bonus and Detour questions (choose one question, ignore the other), 35 pts.
D. Fill-in question (one per episode), 50 pts. Often there is some subjectivity to who wins this question -- the official scorekeeper will be the judge and jury on this one.
E. Posting Questions with Answers, MINUS 100 pts. (-100). Warnings will be posted, but no individual PMs.
F. All participants score their own answers -- this is the honor system. Violate this honor system (by awarding points to a wrong answer) and get disqualified for the rest of the game. Minor math errors should be corrected (admitted in a public post).
7. Other, see below.
A. If you PM a multiple choice question to Zzunk and it is used (including paraphrased), then award oneself 25 pts. Authorship will be acknowledged in the question. Please participate!
B. At the end of the season, the two lowest scores per person will be dropped -- this allows for the occasional missed viewing or just crappy predictions. For players that join after the second episode will get a zero for the first two episodes. Never count out a late arrival -- dark horses have known to win!!
C. Some alternate questions will be added for anyone that has insider insider information -- these will questions that will be really, really hard and random. These questions will be worth the same value of all questions where they write "disqualified". This is the honor system.
D. We need a volunteer to be the scorekeeper and tally posted scores each week. Any volunteers??
Players ready? If you win the game, what will you do with your winnings??