(These rules are similarly applied to The X-Factor, The Voice, Some Country's Got Talent, Rising Star, So You Think You Can Sing/Dance/Take a dump onstage, and all of their clones and ripoff shows around the globe.)
1. LOVE and HATE THREADS WILL BE LOCKED ON SIGHT. The AI mediawhores may have multiple threads for Season 7 and beyond, subject to all rules applicable to starting new threads. But that means you must be creative. If you want Billy Bob to die of swine flu, say it loud and proud.
You are expected to exhibit appropriate Sucksian humo(u)r when starting threads. Acceptable thread concepts might be: BILLY BOB'S CANCEROUS MOLE. I WANT TO LANCE IT. Or maybe: THINGS LESS SHRILL THAN LIL.
If you label a thread "BILLY BOB LOVE" or "BILLY BOB HATE", it will be locked and/or dumped.
The Survivor Sucks website was started to lampoon Reality TV and the Mediawhores who infest it. Therefore, expect the Fascist Gorebot (and sometimes Sanctimonious) Admins and Mods to be especially cantankerous towards Fantards whose sole raison d'etre is to worship Reality TV Mediawhores. If that's not a concept you can get with, perhaps this place isn't for you.
Violators may be post-restricted, possibly subnic'd, and repeat offenders banned. Whiners will be publicly humiliated.
NEW THREADS must be interesting, different and innovative. Otherwise, expect it to be locked, dumped or sent away by the Fascist Gorebot Admins and Mods.
a. Do not start a thread unless you have something *new* and *original* and *specific* to say. And no, "wow, he's cute" doesn't qualify as any of the three.
b. Threads that start out on track and end up reading like "Yay Clay v.2" will either end up in CTS, or be locked.
c. As always, a thread starting with a B R A I N F A R T will be locked on sight. Such threads usually end up in the Dump.
2. Preceding seasons and our fond memories thereof are off-limits for new threads. There are plenty of previous season threads in the AI Subforum. There are even more in Clubs That Suck.
a. EXCEPTION: When the old AI/CI mediawhores perform on AI, or drop a single, or appear on Broadway, or appear in an episode of LOST, or make an appearance on an awards show, a thread may lampoon the event. Examples include, "Are we allowed to say Daughtry sucked?" "Rickey's in RENT!" "Hickler's Singin That Song About Her Momma on the CMA's!"
b. Most of the previous season's threads have been moved to CTS (Clubs That Suck. No, Really) or the Subforum. (Restart these threads at your peril.)
3. Be chary about copy-pasting from other websites, messageboards, or newsgroups.
You may post links ONLY to legitimate news items from legitmate news sources that contain information not yet posted elsewhere in the forum/subforum.
SPAM will be hidden or deleted, and offenders may be banned.
Links to Myspace, Twitter, Facebook and other blogs count as SPAM unless there's a legitimate news item being brought to this forum. If in doubt, DON'T.
If you post another poster's personal real life identifiers here, either from your personal knowledge of their identity, or from another site, expect to be banned.
On the other hand, if you don't want to see your personal info posted here, don't be telling everyone on the Interwebs who you are, how many kids you have, where you work or where you live. Exercise discretion on the Internets if you wish others to respect your privacy.
4. DO NOT BRING YOUR PETTY BULLSHIT FAN WARS FROM OTHER SITES ONTO THIS ONE. Fanwars are NOT welcome here.
You may discuss LEGITIMATE FACT-ORIENTED NEWS garnered from these sites (examples: information about idol records sales, annoucements of concerts and tours, confirmed public appearances, links to interviews, news of someone's impending wedding). When a thread degenerates into small talk about the sites in order to ridicule/mock the sites themselves or the posters on them, it will probably be locked or dumped. Individuals who engage in such conduct may find themselves post-restricted or banned.
If your contribution to this board is being a Fantard or Troll, limit yourself to the Subforum. If you come here spoiling for trouble, expect to be treated accordingly. Eventually you may be subnic'd or banned entirely. Don't say we didn't warn you in advance.
5. This is SUCKS, but minors are still minors, and AI has many underage competitors. Trash them in an age-appropriate manner. Comments of a graphic sexual nature in relation to minors WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
6. SPOILERS outside of the sticked Spoilers Thread require SPOILER TAGS.
A Spoiler is defined as anything that has not yet aired on FOX TV.
I don't care if you watched it in person, or read it on the interwebs, or saw a pirated YouTube about it. If it has NOT yet aired on FOX TV, it is still a Spoiler.
If you post a spoiler outside of the spoiler thread, we don't care how many other super-awesomely-intelligent-and-cutting-edge-chic people like you know about it, it's still a SPOILER and it still needs to be placed inside of SPOILER TAGS. No exceptions.
DELIBERATELY POSTING A FALSE SPOILER = BAN. No excuses. If you're speculating or pulling our collective leg, make that very, very clear from the outset.
7. IXNAY on the AUTOPLAY, effective June 2009. No more autoplay videos within threads. That goes for the Subforum, too.
8. PLAY-BY-PLAY. In lieu of your resident Fascist Gorebot Admin's PBP threads from Seasons 2 through 8, there will be an ongoing show commentary thread for AI9-10-11-12 stickied atop the page. All posters are encouraged to participate there, both during the show and during the week. Your Fascist Gorebot Admins and Mods will drop into the Ongoing Commentary Thread from time to time and share their observations. All who post reviews or opinions may be fl0med accordingly when they do. There will also be cjat from time to time (no guarantees, since AI isn't the only show for which cjat is opened). From time to time, the Admins or Mods will create a new volume (such as when the show moves from Hollywood to the individual performances, or the thread gets really big).
9. If you have a question about the rules, please post your question in this thread, or PM one of the many Admins or Mods who frequent the forum.