TAR China (Celeb edition) - It all ends in Rio with the BEST TAR FINALE EVA
Having only seen a thread for the old China Rush edition, I have decided to start a new thread to discuss the new Amazing Race China now that season 3 has officially premiered.
Some info for those new to the TAR China series:
1. ALL-CELEBRITY EDITION - No civilians.
2. GLOBAL edition - International travel included.
3. LESS teams - An average of 8 teams/season, which means more NELs/season compared to U.S. TAR.
4. Random twists galore - Voting Yields and U-Turns! Intersections are back! Surprise brand-new teams joining in the middle of the race (a TAR first, I believe)!
5. So many rule infractions - Since ya know, celebrities aren't the type that will follow instructions. Case in point: Within the first 10 min of the first season, one team was penalised because they drove off and FORGOT to bring the cameraman with them (another TAR first?). Other rule infractions which aren't seen that often in US TARs nowadays: Penalties for breaking local traffic laws! On legs with double roadblocks, the same member of the team performed BOTH roadblocks (lmao btw)! Wrong transportation penalties! And more!
6. So. much. quitting. Since they're celebrities aka divas. Usually in US TARs, extreme tasks like bungee jumping will result in no quits regardless of how many teams meltdown at the edge of the plank. Here, you get the meltdowns AND the payoffs!
7. Behind the scenes like never before - In season 2, at the start of every episode, there is a 10-min behind-the-scenes look at how the crew set up for the challenges, a preview of the leg, teams strategising and forming alliances with each other (what is this, Survivor?) etc. It's a cool aspect which is not present in foreign TARs.
8. Up-to-date leaderboard - Starting from season 2, periodic leaderboards will show changes in team positions. Imo, it's a much better system than the one US TAR has.
9. Longer episodes - each episode is 2h long (1h 30 min without commercials)! Also, more tasks per leg!
10. No English. This ain't China Rush.
Season 3 Episode 1:
Last Edited By: yzysg 10/02/16 11:18 AM. Edited 6 times.