Search this Topic:
05/04/15 11:24 AM
bryanpasa wrote:^Spoiler [+]
I also think Chris had the winner edit similar to Denise. I kind of expected it would be him alol considering... Indira of all people. Indira doesn't stand a chance. I would have wanted Nathan to win but I love it when hot guys get stranded just before the finale which is pretty hot tbh alol. Chris was a surewin. It's just his edit kinda mellowed down like Denise's. He was a very strong presence in the pre-merge, but he got mild by the end.
...and @SOL, regarding Ayman...Spoiler [+]
I really think Ayman veers more into the Tyler character [and I think it's pretty good].
He shows up when needed, has strategic inkling etc. (ofc not counting lucy showmance)
05/08/15 02:48 AM
05/09/15 05:10 AM
05/09/15 07:25 AM
05/09/15 09:33 PM
05/09/15 11:21 PM
IrrationalLogic wrote:Great episode! The loved ones reward helped balance out the strategy with some personal development. Not to say I dislike the strategy portion of it - I really like the crazy risky bold plans the castaways are coming up with. I wish people on actual survivor would be this wild with their strategies instead of the 'stick to the strong 6' crap we're getting on s30.
1. Honestly I'm not too sure what will happen next. It feels like everyone's playing their own game and aren't afraid to change alliances, (Although I kind of count Ayman/Lucy as a single player that just has two votes). I'm expecting the pair to be broken up somewhere before the end, but I have a feeling that Imani might try to do something crazy like strike at Ed next episode rather that targeting the obvious couple.
2. I can see most of them as a winner, aside from maybe Ayman. I feel Ayman's kind of an appendage to Lucy's storyline, and doesn't really have too much individualization for himelf (inb4 Ayman wins). Other than that Joe seems like he could have an epic storyline of obvious goat to actually pulling out the win, I just don't see how he could get the votes in the end unless his final 2 (or is it 3?) partner stabs someone in the back really badly or does something that makes everyone hate them more than they dislike Joe.
05/09/15 11:35 PM
greenday061892 wrote:So I'm currently at the end of episode 9 of Japan; I find it kinda hard to comment in detail following a binge read so I should've really left comments after each episode lol, but I'm not enjoying it QUITE as much as I did Cyprus. That's not to say I'm not enjoying it at all, I still think it's one of the best fanfics I've ever read, but I definitely loved Cyprus SO much. I think if there's one main criticism I have on the series as a whole it's something I didn't really notice until I went through all 4 seasons' voting charts a little while ago: I can count the number of times on one hand that a vote (including FTCs) was decided by more than one vote past half of the votes (i.e., more than 6/10 or 4/7). I will say it makes every vote exciting but at the same time it's just sorta.... not realistic? I don't know how else to really describe it and I'm not sure if anyone else really caught on to this OR cares, lol, but that's just something I've noticed.
Anyways, Japan IS still really great up to this point, loving Lucy/Ayman/Edgardo, have no idea for a winner's pick though unlike last season with Chris.
05/12/15 09:41 AM
05/12/15 05:47 PM
sillymoose wrote:I loved this episode! We're really starting to get close to the end, and I think almost anybody can win. Here's my cast ranking
1. Edgardo - This is the first time that I've had him as #1, and he finally gets it now because he was so amazing this episode. He was super adorable, like always, and I really enjoy seeing his relationship with Trista. His new secret alliance with Joe was interesting, and I'm happy that he's finally starting to play the game, instead of letting other people control him
2. Trista - I'm so happy that she survived. It's a good thing that she didn't trust Joe, but it'll be interesting to see what happens in the beginning of next episode. I'm guessing she'll still work with Ayman and Lucy, since they saved her, but I doubt Edgardo is going to vote out his other ally Imani
3. Imani - She was great again this episode, but she falls down in my ranking a little bit for two reasons. The first is that she no longer has Miles to interact with; I loved their discussions, so I find Imani a little less epic when Miles isn't around. The second reason is that she lost control. I've kinda imagined Imani as Queen of the Island, so seeing her lose her closest ally kinda ruined that image. But I can't wait to see her bounce back and regain her throne
4. Lucy - I didn't really like her for much of the post-swap and early merge, but I really enjoyed seeing her interact with her dad. It must have been hard to have unsupportive parents in her youth, but at least they're trying to change and re-introduce her into their life. However, I don't really think she can win, unless she's in a final 2 with Joe
5. Joe - Even though he's super sneaky and gross, it's kinda cute now. I'm annoyed that he tried to vote out Trista, but at least it backfired and he'll be scrambling next episode (again). He seems to have burned too many bridges, and I don't think he'll be able to win, unless he ends up in a final 2 with Lucy (I think this scenario could go either way)
6. Kai - He's been a nice, lighthearted presence this entire season, but I think it was his time to go. He really wasn't playing the game at all, and, assuming he had stayed loyal to Imani, he would have had no chance at winning
7. Ayman - Especially compared to all of the other amazing castaways, I don't find Ayman too exciting. His relationship with Lucy has gotten cute over the course of the season, but he doesn't seem to have too much going on other than that
05/13/15 08:52 AM
05/15/15 11:56 PM
05/16/15 03:21 AM
bryanpasa wrote:Fuck wow.I'm gonna go the untraditional way and rank:
I think it's more:
Japan > Zambia > Cyprus > Tongaa
1. LUCY -- She is a g.oddessa most high. My only criticism is that SHE DIDN'T THROW SHADE at her dad who didn't pick Ayman. I was waiting for that slamming moment <3 <3. I felt Lucy's every emotion. I love the part where she looked at her back by resting her chin on her shoulder -- so awk but so cute. I really love her internal struggle and I JUST I JUST CAN'T WAIT TILL LUCY is alone without Ayman if it will ever happen . I think there was all this impending build-up on Lucy that I didn't really notice. It just makes her more as a character -- as a complete one as opposed to her other persona as a lovestruck bitch who tries to amp it up like it's the Bachelor this just showed her true side. IT'S GOOD THAT IT DIDN'T END so fast. It's really realistic and I can feel her hurt. Good job. It also seems like LUCY IS EITHER ON MY TOP 1 or BOTTOM 2. Such a rollercoaster character
2. TRISTA -- wow what a fighter. When I'm reading through TRISTA. THERE'S FIYAH. THERE'S TIGAH. THERE'S LION. I can feel her ferocity. She is fucking taking this game by storm. If I was really taking into account her CONFESSIONAL COUNT -- SHE GOT NOTHING in the PREMIERE which might be a case against her but could be one of her doubts. She's rising like a phoenix as a threat extraordinaire and I love the build up to an extreme catfight (TRISTA VS IMANI would be fucking hot or something, considering Imani wants to get action too from gurls). I am still pulling for TRISTA. I have a feeling she'd be this omg so close yet so far character but I hope not.
3. KAI -- He's extremely adorable. He fucking hit the heart, and when he hit the heart I feel this excitement in my veins that is irresistible. You've seen how I really have a soft spot for Kai all this time. He just makes my heart melt and I really love his enthusiasm and child-like journey. He's been a really fun character all along, and I wish he could have been further but he's too much of a threat. I'm glad he got to enjoy his dream though.
4. EDGARDO -- omg if his dad watches and notice the intense EDGARDO x ANGELO romance ... omg @ not telling that <3 so fucking strategic already. You go Ed. haha. I love that one wake-up call from Trista changed his game. I love how he's getting blood on his hands. Like Trista, he didn't really get a lot of screentime but what we did get is substantial to his overall character. I love this new phase. It seems that revealing what you/who you are makes you really stand out and being a strong, but silent competitor they would never see coming.
5. IMANI -- omg overstrategizing g.oddessa <3. BUT I CAN REALLY REALLY FEEL THE FIRE. Trista vs. Imani I am fanning already in the flames. Imani might not be the best this episode but she certainly need not to because she's a star on her own already. I love how it isn't her spotlight because it made the other characters REALLY REALLY LIKABLE <3.
6. JOE -- this 6th person is someone that is still on the love side. I mean, he's an artistic player. A creative one. He's just really really into it. I LOVE IT. I love that he isn't backing down despite Ansatsu-ing Rosalina, leading to everyone hating him back. Good job, Joe.
7. AYMAN -- too bad he couldn't be Tyler'd. I think liberating Ayman would be BEST for everyone. If Ayman is kicked out, I think we would see a fucking firework frosty finale fluctuating flawless fireflies fantabulousness <3. He's a good character though but he still has not touched my hearts like literally 70% of the cast did.
1. Trista #TristallHoldingOn
2. Imani #EatPrayImaniLove
3. Edgardo #EdgardoFight4Angelo
4. Joe #JoecyLicious
5. Lucy #Mom4Michael
6. Ayman #Aymanderfakker
05/16/15 03:36 AM
Brandon7 wrote:Hahahahahahaha remember when Rosalina went home? That was glorious. "Javier, Mariana... I'VE FAILED!" *Sobs uncontrollably* "JOE YOU MONSTER!"
Beautiful. Anyway, let's get down to this ep.
Yay, a gross food eating challenge! I love these! Wish Survivor did them every season.
*skips right on by Lucy's dad*
Oh, of course. How predictable. Oh well, at least it was only the reward challenge.
I get that you're trying to humanize Lucy, but when I've disliked a character for so long, there comes a point where no matter what, I will NEVER like them. Juliet on Grimm, Katrina on Sleepy Hollow, Rick and Lori on The Walking Dead... I just want the character to die (or in the case of reality TV, be eliminated).
Yesss Imani continues to be such a boss bitch. I so hope she wins.
"Lucy's never going to win a challenge." "Unless it's who can complain the most. Or stare longingly into Ayman's eyes the longest." LMFFFFFFFFFAAAOO
Ew, Ayman and Lucy's plan is truly horrific. If either of them make the final 3 it will be a disaster.
Honestly, all of them (except Kai) SHOULD come together and vote out Imani, she's the biggest physical and mental threat and she's one of the biggest social threats as well... they'd be stupid NOT to vote her out. So let's hope they're stupid.
Kai <3 The best guys ALWAYS have a badass older sister as a female role model.
Imani's 3-2-2 plan is RIDICULOUS and the definition of over-complicated. This could totally send her home, and she would almost deserve it.
Honestly when your whole alliance tells you to vote Person A out, DONT be the one holdout trying to get rid of Person B. An easy way to get sent home.
I see Joe agrees with me. lol
Yas at Imani winning immunity, slay. Now you better not send Kai home. He did NOT have enough exposition for this to be his boot episode.
"Maybe I'm the best ninja of all?" awwwww
I am CACKLING at Imani just casually knowing how to THROW KNIVES. What a beast.
Oh god, Joe is marvelous this episode. "Because Lucy will fall apart without Ayman." He's convinced me. I want Ayman to go. I want to see Lucy have a meltdown, sorry not sorry.
Oh, I see Trista's got a sneaky plan.
Honestly as long as Kai stays I'm all good tonight. I'd love to see Lucy or Ayman go home but whatever.
"Hella" One of my favorite words.
I'll come back and read the finale IF Imani wins but that's it.
The fact that Lucy and Ayman are both still there is inexcusable.
Edgardo deserves to lose after this.
Imani's STUPID plan backfired and she wasn't even the one to get burnt.
Trista's win remains way too obvious.
05/17/15 02:16 AM
05/17/15 04:43 PM
05/17/15 06:42 PM
sillymoose wrote:Although it probably wasn't as good as some of the earlier episodes this season, I still loved this episode. I think it was a little heavy on the strategy aspect of the game (especially after the reward), but I definitely understand it this episode because we're really getting down to the end, and everybody wants to make sure that they are able to make it to the FTC. I thought the challenge was enjoyable, but challenges are usually my least favorite part of the episodes, since we can't really see what's going on. Here's my cast ranking:
1. Edgardo - He continues to be super adorable the entire time, and I think he actually has a very good chance at winning (especially if he goes to the FTC with Lucy and Joe). I love his super cute bond with Trista, and now he's willing to sacrifice so much to help the pair survive in the game. His strategy with Ayman/Lucy was, albeit slightly confusing, a genius plan, since they were able to avoid a tie and practically trick Ayman into voting himself out. He's my winner pick going into the finale
2. Trista - She's such a scrappy underdog, and I love that she's been able to survive this far. Even though she hasn't won these past two immunity challenges, she's always socially in a good enough position to be on the correct side of the votes (despite usually being in the minority). If she makes it to the end, I think she has an amazing chance at winning, but I don't think anybody (even probably Edgardo) is going to let her get that far. Unless she's able to win the final 2 immunity challenges, they're going to vote her out
3. Imani - She's also so amazing. Even though she's been in a great position this entire game, she finally started to scramble, now that Kai has been voted out. Even though she is playing a great game, the target around her is so big that nobody is willing to work with her. Like Trista, I think Imani needs to win these last immunity challenges in order to make it to the FTC
4. Lucy - My level of appreciation for Lucy is at an all-time high. Her experience on the reward was so inspirational to read about, and it's really nice to see how she's changed over the time she's spent in Japan. I definitely took her side in the argument with Ayman, since there was no way that he was going to catch up to her. I think Lucy has a pretty good chance at making it to the end of the game, but I really can't see her winning because she hasn't really done much. I don't think she'll get many jury votes
5. Joe - I have come to appreciate Joe throughout the course of this season, but I don't really understand why he voted Ayman out. His best chance at winning was to go with Ayman & Lucy, and I don't see how Joe can win now, since I don't think he'll be able to beat any one of Edgardo/Trista/Imani. Maybe he underestimates Edgardo, which could prove to be his undoing, as Joe has really played a good game since the merge
6. Ayman - I've never really loved Ayman that much, so I was pretty happy seeing him get voted out (especially because I was very worried for Edgardo, thinking maybe Joe had switched his vote). Ayman was a little annoying in his argument with Lucy, since he was being really ridiculous, but at least he apologized. I don't dislike Ayman, but I'm definitely not his biggest fan either
I voted Miles for Fan Favorite. He always brought the entertainment, and I loved his perpetual underdog story. From Trista to Imani to Jun Wei, Miles really brought out the best in people (character-wise), and it was very disappointing to see him get voted out when he did. I hope he wins, but I doubt it, since I think it'll probably go to Trista (or maybe Imani)
I'm sad that this is almost over but at least we've had four amazing seasons of Survivor fanfics
05/18/15 05:52 AM
05/23/15 11:04 AM
05/24/15 02:43 PM
05/24/15 04:46 PM
Share This Link
Message board courtesy of Survivor Sucks member support.
Benevolent dictatorship courtesy of Survivor Sucks Admin Idoits.
© 2017 Yuku. All rights reserved.